Life Scraps
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ahhhh.....spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous with the exception of 1 1/2 days this past week. I {heart} spring. There is something about watching the world around you gradually change from brown & barren to green & alive. Easter Sunday was down right nearing "hot". Okay, maybe I was flashing a little but still.....I was sweating. Oy!

The week after Easter flew by. I literally felt as though I woke up Monday morning exhausted from a fun filled Easter the day before and suddenly it was Friday. I am sure the time flying has nothing to do with the fact I am now on FOUR creative teams! Yep, you read it folks, FOUR! I now happily create for Brandy Designs @ Polka Dot Plum, LCC Amy Stoffel - Amanda Heimann Designs & Lyndsay Riches all at Scrap Orchard. However, I was asked by Amanda to do some other creative work for her apart from the usual layout creations and I agreed. So, I am not actually required to do layouts for her. I get to put my skillz for creative writing into effect by coming up with the 1 to 3 sentence kit descriptions for the kits she designs. It's fun!

Today I went to a baby shower in the morning for a short time and came home, opened the windows, turned on the stereo & cranked it and proceeded to do some Fly Lady cleaning. I spent 30 minutes in each room. I am amazed at what I can accomplish in 30 minutes when I know I am being timed. It makes me stay focused. The livingroom was decluttered, dusted, & vacuumed. The bedroom was totally rid of all clothes piled up everywhere & vacuumed. The bathroom was....well, I really just emptied the trash, cleaned the sink-mirror-knick knacks & toilet. But, it looks so much better just doing that! I had already worked on the kitchen earlier in the week but it still needed things done. I admit, I didn't do anything in the kitchen today. However, I did accomplish quite a bit so I gave myself a break and decided to catch up on some DVR'd shows I had recorded.

I didn't take a nap today like I thought I would so I am getting tired. I will leave you with a ton of scrapbook layouts to look at.....


Some old pics of Trevor I used with this kit called Happy Go Lucky from Scrap Orchard.

I did this for a challenge at Scrap Orchard where we had to use the title Lucky. I love the Funky Brushed Alpha by Brandy Designs!

This is another challenge layout where every element on our page had to be a circle excluding, of course, journaling & our title. This template by Scrapping With Liz was perfect for this challenge.

This is the first kit I officially worked with for Lyndsay Riches and it is called Talkin' About Boys. Good thing I have 2 adorable boys to scrap about. Here they are on Easter being bombarded with gifts, candy & camera flashes!

Another kit from Lyndsay Riches called Spring Flings & Easter Things and a freebie template from Brandy Designs. Caiden is giving his Nana a sweet kiss!

A gorgeous kit from Brandy Designs called Flock Together.

Miss Amy has a new kit coming out on April 16th and I have done 2 layouts with it but just don't seem to be able to do it justice....his is one of my feeble attempts.

....and here is the other one.

Her most recent release is April Showers Bring May Flowers and is a collection of 2 separate kits along with a word art pack. These colors are classic Amy!!! And this photo shows our "classic" Trevor!

...same kit from Amy

This was done for a color challenge where we had to choose coordinating colors from a color wheel. I opted to use 3 colors all next to each other....yellow, yellow-orange & orange.

Another one using the April Showers Collection by Amy and a fabulous template from Scrapping With Liz

This is one using Amanda Heimann's template set, Wave On Wave, and I paired it with her recent kit, Spring Fling!!

A "just for the heck of it" layout using Amanda Heimann's kit, Spring Fling

I do NOT like this one at all. Too many different styles trying to happen on one layout!

I love love love this photo of Caiden. Just look at that sad little face! I used Amanda Heimann's Wave On Wave template & various papers/elements from Pretty Happy & A Beautiful Day

These next two are RAK layouts (random acts of kindness) for a fellow Scrap Orchard friend, Ramona The Pest. She graciously sent me some photos of her darling daughter's so I could scrap something other than BOYS! This is Olivia

....and here is Abby!

A random layout I did using one of my fave Butterfly House photos...

Some Easter shots of Caiden

Good night....thanks for stopping by :)

xoxoxo

0 comments: