Life Scraps
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Yummy Recipe & Some Layouts

I was searching online for cholesterol friendly recipes since my dr. said mine is a bit elevated. I ended up at the website for the cholesterol lowering drug, Crestor. They have some yummy recipes in the Tools & Resources section. Here is one I tried tonight. OMGosh, it was so good.

Pesto Chicken With Penne Pasta

I rejoined Weight Watchers Online and have been preparing to start the weight loss journey again. I am going to the store later this week to stock up on all my fave healthy foods. I {heart} salads with lots of fresh veggies and some turkey or chicken breast thrown in for protein. I bought a new salad spinner from Bed Bath & Beyond. I have lots of containers for freezing & storing foods/meals. It is my plan to spend this Sunday afternoon cooking for the upcoming week. As for exercise....I have not made up my mind what I am going to do. I am very very nervous about joining the gym again with my knee problem. I am giving thought to searching Craigslist for a used Elliptical for at home. However, going this route will require me to remove my couch from the living room, which I "think" I am okay with as I still have my recliner. I don't want the elliptical in the basement because, well, my basement is scary. Between the spiders, the crickets on steroids that can jump 50ft in one leap, and just plain creepiness....well, let's just say it isn't a place I want to exercise in. No, I would rather be able to watch TV while I sweat.

This upcoming weekend is National Scrapbooking Weekend which means TONS and I mean TONS of fun things happening in digi-world. I recently decided to take the rest of April off from my creative team responsibilities, however, I was doing so well on my weight loss preparations that I decided to go ahead and scrap anyway. Here are a few things I have done that I don't think I have blogged about.


Using an upcoming kit from Lyndsay Riches called Berry Delight
Memaw is getting sweet kisses from Trevor & Caiden.


Ahhh, the tulips in my front yard. Only a few bloomed but the ones that did were gorgeous!
I used several items from various TaylorMade Designs kits & the SMILE border was from DeCrow Designs called "A Word In Edgewise"



Created for a Scrap Orchard Challenge where we had to use just ONE word on our page, either Fresh or Grow/Growing
The kit, So Delightful by LCC Amy Stoffel & the photos are courtesy of Wikipedia



An upcoming kit by Amy Stoffel called Sweet Tart & also using one of Amy's templates for the design.
I am working on a layout of Caiden riding the same tricycle but these photos went really well with this kit!



Using another upcoming kit by Amy Stoffel called To The Moon as well as some new templates by Scrapping With Liz called, Background Templates



Same kit as above, from Amy Stoffel
I have had these photos of Trevor for quite awhile now so I was excited to finally get to use them.



Brandy Designs needed a layout using her kit, Ki Ki. I remembered these photos of Trevor from Sept 2009!!!!



Again, Brandy needed a layout done with one of her kits and this is one using her kit, Gone Fishin'.
These are some photos from mine & Dad's trip to (well, you can see where). Perfect for this kit of Brandy's.


And, that about catches you up. Thanks for stopping by. Let me know if you try the recipe I posted....would love to know if you love it as much as I do. God bless :)

x0x0x0
.

0 comments: