Life Scraps
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday, May 29, 2009

Catching up....

Life has just been plain busy lately, which is evident in my sparse blog entries. So many things "in the frying pan" that I can hardly think of them all. Just a few....

  • Assisting in the planning of a singles conference at my church and I stepped up and took over designing a t-shirt we plan to use as a fundraiser for the event.

  • Having friends/family over for a jewelry party this weekend and house needs cleaned!

  • BBQ's....BBQ's....BBQ's, need I say more?

  • Purchased a new computer/laptop and working on getting several programs from the old one to the new...mainly my PSE6 digi-scrappin' program!

I spent several days recently doing some scrapbook challenges with Amanda Taylor of TaylorMadeDesigns. She is one of my top 3 designers. The "simple beauty" of her designs is what keeps me coming back for more of her products. I find myself doing more and more layouts using her 'toned down style'. Not always, but more often than before. Here are a few of the layouts I created during her challenge(s) over at http://www.catscrap.com/


A blending challenge Caiden shaking booty Random shots of Caiden

Little Miss Molly A fave photo of Trevor Coal Bank Pass in Colorado

I am staying very busy with Pretty Scrappy as well. Between my CT & store CT responsibilities I am also getting ready to host my very first forum challenge in June. I will be posting a link to the challenge in early June once it is made public. I am so excited to contribute a little more to such a wonderful digital scrapbooking website!!
Now, on to something besides.....ME!!! On Memorial Day my friends and I celebrated with, yes, a BBQ, lol. We did do a lot of laughing :) It was hosted by my best friend, Sheila. She has a gorgeous, large home with a large deck and let's not forget the large grill. So, it is perfect for large gatherings. This event was for all us "singles" and I have to say I think it was one of the BEST events we have ever had. There was a large turn out with about 5 or 6 guys (not counting our teacher, Kevin....he's married so he doesn't count LOL) If you only knew how hard it has been to get some men to join our group over the last 3 or 4 years you would understand why I have to blog about it. It was just great to see all the male-bonding going on that day.

On this same day, I had a chance to see the photograhpy talent of Ashlee, Sheila's daughter. I had seen a photo here & there but on this day I went into her room (with permission) and looked at all the photos hanging on her walls. WOWZA!!! This 16 year old young lady is AMAZINGLY talented. She has a God-given gift for which I would am totally envious. Ashlee is fantastically outgoing and has a laugh that is completely contagious and heart that is immensely deep and goes beyond her mere 16 years. To show you what I mean, here is something she posted on her blog last night....

How Many Times Must I Forget?
How many times must I forget that you are good?
How many times must I forget that you are holy?
How many times must I forget that you are mighty? Before I can't forget anymore.
How many times must I forget that you are strong?
How many times must I forget that you are creator?
How many times must I forget that you are my Savior?Before I can't forget anymore.
How many times must I tremble before I realize you're holding me?
How many times must I fall before I realize you were trying to steady me?
How many times must I wander before I hear you call?
How many times must I yell before I hear you whisper?
How many times must I look for you before I seek you?

I believe God smiled when she wrote this! And here is a sampling of her photography talents. I copied them from her facebook albums so not sure how the resolution will be.


She uses the rule of thirds and didn't even realize it. She just has an eye for catching awesome shots. My prayer is that she will grow into this talent because right now she has a hard time accepting all the "gushing" we do over her work. I keep telling her....you can be humble AND good at what you do. Learning to accept compliments is the hardest thing for a woman of any age. I believe she could make this a career if she puts her mind to it and gets the proper guidance and formal training. I trust God to open doors for her that will take her far beyond her wildest dreams!

0 comments: