Life Scraps
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, February 27, 2010

News

I am not so much addicted to Facebook, Twitter, Farmtown, etc. However, I am 100% hooked on Scrap Orchard!! This has been my digi-scrapping home for about 9 months now. This is hands-down one of the classiest, funniest, warmest sites I have been a part of to date. And, I have been a part of several now. We make each other laugh. We pray for each other. Oh, and there is a smidge (hahaha) of teasing that takes place, too. All in love :)

There have been a few CT (creative team) calls opened up since I arrived and I have submitted my application for most of them. To my disappointment I was not granted a spot with any of them. So, when a recent CT call appeared in the forum thread I, being persistent, applied. Also being pessimistic, I prepared myself for the rejection. The call was not due to be over until 2/25 so imagine my surprise (and fear) when I received an email 2 days BEFORE the call was to end. Yikes! That cannot be good. I did NOT want to open it as I was sure it was a dear, sweet let-down email. I even began running the let-down sentences in my head as I opened it. Here is what I read with my eyes:
Dear Helen,
Thank You so much for taking the time to express your interest in my designs, your support means the world to me. I know it's nerve wracking to put yourself out there like that! I very much enjoyed looking through your gallery and reading your application, and I am thrilled to offer you a spot on my creative team.

However.....this is what I read with my Minds-Eye:
Dear Helen,
Thank you so much for taking the time to express your interest in my designs, your support meansthe world to me. I know it's nerve wracking to put yourself out there like that! I very much enjoyed looking through your gallery and reading your application, however, at this time I am not able to offer you a spot on my creative team.

I seriously had to re-read it twice to make sure I had read it correctly. Holy Schmoly Batman, I made it! I made it on to the fab-u-lous team of LCC Amy Stoffel at Scrap Orchard!!! Let the happy dancin' begin! My day.....scratch that.....my WEEK.....no good either....my YEAR was made through 2 sentences. Without further ado, here is my first work as a CT for LCC Amy Stoffel.
The Kit: It's All About Me

And the layout I created with it!



The Kit: This Is Why I Scrap

And the layout I created with it:

The Kit: I'm Just Sayin'

And the layout I created with it!


Can you see now why I am so stinkin' excited?? Amy is a rockin' designer and I am honored to have been chosen to help show off this amazing kits!!! There you have it....my news!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend :)

xoxoxo

.


0 comments: