Life Scraps
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Raised to walk in newness of life

Just feel like sharing what's on my heart this morning at this moment.....when I should be focused on work.

Last night I went to see my personal, earthly miracle-worker, Lisa. She is my hair dresser and she dresses my hair splendidly. I walked in to her basement studio with 3/4" gray roots. I admit it. No sense denying it. I walked out with beautful chocolately undertones & blonde highlights. The best part.......no GRAY showing! Ahhhh, I feel like a new woman again, lol.

Then this morning I received an email from a friend informing me her friend we had prayed for a few weeks ago passed away from brain cancer. She went peacefully in her sleep. That made me think about what it will be like to go home to heaven. HOME. HEAVEN. The little house I have lived in for over 20 years is just that.....a house. It is a temporary dwelling place. But heaven, that is my HOME. It is where I will spend eternity in perfect peace praising Jesus.

In the words of a Casting Crowns song....."what a glorious day" it will be to one day be ushered into a place where there is no more cancer. No more earthquakes. No more murder. No more tears. And yes, no more gray roots to cover up. I will be "raised to walk in newness of life".

Ahhhh, I am seriously homesick. Is that an odd thing to say? No, though, it may seem so to some. It doesn't mean I don't love my life (okay, sometimes it does, lol)....or my family.....my friends. It just means I was given the best gift imaginable in 1996. A gift that starts out with receiving a huge wrapped box. You unwrap it to find another smaller, wrapped box inside. You unwrap it to find yet another smaller, wrapped box. The initial box opened I received my salvation and the Holy Spirit. Each consecutive box holds new and wonderful blessings as I continue to grow in my faith. One day I will reach that final wrapped box that holds the key to heaven.....my eternal HOME.

So, this is what is on my heart today.....at this moment.....when I should be focused on work. Or should I? Where is your focus today?

xoxoxoxoxo

.

0 comments: