Life Scraps
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sunday, November 1, 2009

An Odd Sunday

With the fall time change I never have to worry about oversleeping since I am generally an early waker anyway. I thought, "no problem getting ready for church today". Only there was one big problem.....a sinus headache that woke me at around 4:30 a.m. I thought it was just the way I had fallen asleep with my head tilted over to the side but I did notice my left nasal passage was blocked, too. I got up and too 1 excedrin and laid back down. By 5:00 I was wide awake and still had the headache. Plan B.....I got up, took another excedrin and moved around some....turned on the computer and thought that would help. Nope, no such luck. Plan C.....I got dressed, brushed my teeth and ran to get a coffee and a bite to eat. I hoped MORE caffeine and something in my tummy would help. Uh, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That just seemed to make me sick to my stomach. By 8:15 I realize this isn't going away none too quickly. I text a friend that I won't be in class at church and I now take 2 ibuprofens, lay back down and start rubbing my temple and eye socket. Molly curled up next to me and I became toasty warm under the blankets and drifted off to sleep while rubbing my head. I figured I would sleep about an hour or so. I awaken and lie there a moment to see if my headache was gone....yep, seemed to be. Cool. I pick up my cell phone to see what time it was and it was........get this........11:55......NO WAY did I just sleep another 3 1/2 hours. OMGosh, it was great sleep, too. Wow!

I also realize at this point that the blueberry scone I ate about 6:15 a.m. had long worn off and I was S-T-A-R-V-I-N-G hungry. I get up, put on my shoes, brush my hair, rub some powder on my face and drive out to get a bite to eat.

I played around with some scrapbooking layouts. I sifted through piles on the kitchen table. I bagged up some trash. I did some dishes. And, I pulled off all the nasty, plastic/magnetic photo frames from my fridge. I took out all the photos and pitched the frames. I absolutely LOVE having family/friend photos on my fridge but these frames are so many years old they are just gross now. The photos don't want to stay inside them so I have to put pieces of scotch tape on the edges. Kinda deflects from the whole purpose of having the photos up there to begin with. I have started buying these new clear sleeves that are completely covered by a magnet on the back side. If the sleeve is 4x6, the magnet is 4x6. The photos CANNOT fall out because the sleeve is just that....a sleeve sealed on 3 of the 4 sides. And they adhere completely flat to the fridge....even if your fridge has a bow to it. They are not cheap so I am buying a few sets at a time.

Oh, and I also watched a great movie today. I did alot of what I mentioned above during the commercials of the movie. It isn't a new movie by any means but I had never seen it. It is called Premonition with Sandra Bullock. OMGosh......AWESOME movie. I love Miss SB and will watch any movie she is in. She is just an incredible actress and tends to do movies with good story lines and not alot of GARBAGE thrown in. If you have not seen the movie (although, I am probably the only one who hadn't) you must rent it and watch it. Intense is the one word I would use to describe it.
At any rate....it was a pretty odd Sunday. I will leave you with a few LO's I did....




0 comments: