Life Scraps
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Another weekend almost over...

Oy, I am thinking about telling everyone I am going on vacation and then driving to the local Holiday Inn, checking in with my computer in hand, and just spend a few days doing nothing but nothing!


The weekend started off with a fun jewelry party at my friend, Sheila's house. Afterwards we transitioned into game night. We played Guesstures which is similar to just plain charades only more stressfull....but lots of fun, too. I called it quits at midnight.


Saturday, as I think I said in my previous post, I worked with my friends at a local food pantry. We only had 2 customers so it was pretty boring but I was happy with boring since last month was a huge collection day and we received over 400 bags of items to sort through and stock the shelves with. Afterwards we went to lunch at a tiny but authentic mexican restaurant in town. Yummmm...I ate the whole bowl of chips by myself (thanks Sarah!) And from there it was just down to Sheila and I. We went back to her house to brainstorm about our upcoming singles conference. After about 2 hours of planning I went home and yay, was home for the rest of the evening.


Sunday (today) is the usual. I did not get up in time for 8 o'clock service so I went to small group and then worship service later. We went to Ponderosa (my favorite place to eat.....NOT) for lunch. Have to be back at the church at 5:00 for a class on sharing your faith and I will probably stay for the evening service.


Needless to say I have been gone more than I have been home and frankly, I hate it. I may take another 1/2 day off work tomorrow just to make up for the busy weekend. We'll see.


So.....on to digi-scrapping news! I did not get the position with Danielle Donaldson as part of her creative team....bummer. No, I am okay with it. God probably did me a favor there since things are only going to get more & more crazy as the conference gets closer. My original designer, Angel, of Designs by Angel, has a kit about to be released so I am super excited to do some work for her again. And Lorilei of Rosey Posey Studio sent me a kit a few days ago in which I just downloaded and did a layout.


This kit is called SKEERED and is so stinkin' cute.....full of cute little monster elements. Here is the preview of the kit and if you click on the preview image it will take you to the store where you can purchase it.....and I think it is 25% off right now!!!




And here is the LO I did using the kit. This is Trevor & Caiden....who else do I scrap about? I crack up when I see this photo of Caiden just bawling his little heart out!!!

0 comments: