Life Scraps
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday, June 5, 2009

A weekend of celebration!

This weekend my siblings and I along with other family and friends are celebrating the 50th anniversary of my parents. We are having a laid back gathering at my parents home. Tomorrow mornings' check list...


  • Arise early....get a Starbucks fix

  • Fill 30 balloons with helium & decorate mom/dads yard with them

  • Pick up cake at 10 a.m.

  • Pick up subway party trays at 11:30 a.m.

  • Put camera battery on charger

My singles group from church have been working on the plans for an upcoming conference in September. One of the ways we hope to raise funds for the event and cost of a speaker/performer is through the sale of T-shirts. These aren't just any run-of-the-mill shirt designs. We designed them ourselves using the goals our late Pastor, Fred Winters, laid out for our church just months before he died. Those goals are FLEXIBILITY, UNITY, PURITY. So, the past week was full of emails back & forth between the printer and myself trying to seal the deal for our initial order. So glad to have that behind us and can't wait for them to be in our possession!!


With the start of a new month there comes with it new creative team responsibilities over at Pretty Scrappy! I have been trying this month to learn how to kill 2 birds with 1 stone (so to speak) to get more done with less effort. Still need to work on honing that skill. I was able to do 1 layout for a designer I was assigned to and work it into another challenge at the same time. I applied for 2 more creative team positions this week as well. One is with Danielle Donaldson over at ScrapArtist.com. Here is a link to her blog...can't wait for a little down time to really dig into her writing.

http://danielledonaldsondesign.blogspot.com/

The other position I applied for was with http://www.roseyposeystudio.com/. I love Lorilei's kits and just purchased one called, Angel, and can't wait to use it. I don't know if I will make it on either team and I am okay if I don't but will be thrilled if I do.

Here are a few of the layouts I have done this week just to show you I did work from my recliner...LOL! Have a blessed weekend all :)

0 comments: