Life Scraps
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, June 8, 2009

Great Aunts & Dandelions!

A few layouts I did of Trevor with his Great Great Aunt Maxine and picking dandelions out of his yard at home.
I discovered a new technique by playing around in the effects area of my PSE program. It is the "Lighting Effects" and wow, can you do a bunch of different lighting techniques! In the bottom LO I wanted to highlight Trevor zeroing in on the dandelion in the grass. I like this technique and will have to use it more often.
The layout below with Aunt Maxine poor Trevor looks a little scared. I didn't remember him being tentative on her lap but I guess he was. I also played around with this photo using some different blending modes. I converted it to BW and then added a soft tan paper...and I cannot remember which modes I chose but I am sure one of them was luminosity. I like the feel of this photo....kinda has an antique look to it especially with the added mask I used. Both LO's were fun to create and I am slowly learning to tweek my photos own my own since I no longer have some of my photo actions due to changing computers. Thanks for stopping by!




0 comments: