Life Scraps
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Gift Idea

If I have said it once I have said it 100 times, I LOVE BLOGLINES!!! This morning I seen there was a new post from The Creative Mama. She posted about giving the gift of warm Christmas cookies but in a new way. Well, it is new to me. I love the idea and though I doubt I personally will get around to doing this I thought someone reading MY blog would like to know about it.


Below is the post I took from The Creative Mama blog:


The Gift of Warm Cookies by Tisha on nada
Every year the same question comes up -What am I going to give my neighbors, friends etc… for Christmas ?Normally I end up giving either fresh baked cookies or family photo sessions. Most of my friends want the family photo session :-)

But hey…respect must be given to the gift of Christmas cookies. I know I personally love getting them! I love tasting everyone’s yummy cookies and candies. I am sure many of you have received the Cookies in a Jar gift. I love those too!Anything is better than a fruit cake…right? (ok I know some people actually do like the stuff but I have no love lost for the stuff)

So when I was gabbing with my good friend, Shannon, the other day and she mentioned making and freezing all of her Christmas cookie dough right now so she can bake them closer to the holidays when a house full of relatives makes prep-work “interesting”, a light bulb went off in my head. Why not give them as a gift? What a great idea! I love warm cookies, fresh out of the oven. The Cookie in a Jar gift is nice, but my friends would still have to prepare and make the dough. Giving them cookies that are already baked is great gift idea but we all have so many during the holiday’s we can never eat them all and some just end up in the trash…gasp!

Most of my “mom friends” are so busy with day-to-day life, there is little time during a week to make homemade (from scratch) cookies. Wouldn’t it be a great gift to just be able to pull a container out of the freezer with several different types of homemade cookies, chuck them on a pan and cook just enough to make your family smile on a cold winter day?Perfect!

Thanks, Shannon!So my dear neighbors…guess you know what you are getting for the Holidays ;-)


0 comments: