Life Scraps
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, December 14, 2009

UpdateS

I have two updates to post. The first being about my mom and her recovery from knee replacement surgery. Her surgery was on the 7th and very soon after it was discovered she had a blood clot in her lung. This set her knee therapy & recovery back several days to say the least. But, she has been incredibly positive and strong through the process. Oh, she has had her moments of screams & tears during the really painful & frustrating times but seriously, she is amazing me with how well she is doing. I think she will be sent on over to the care center where the real "therapy" will begin on her knee. Thank you Jesus for Darvisets!!

My other update is to say I was accepted as a creative team member by Brandy Designs. I received the confirmation email. Awhile back I posted that I had received some disappointing and rather hurtful news from the one and only designer I was still creating for. Out of the blue I received an email to say my services were no longer needed. No explanation other than to say she is changing things up for the new year. It came at a time when I was already feeling some blues over other things in my life. I believe I would have felt the same way about the news even had nothing else been hanging over my head because I just really believe the designer, since moving to a more prominent store, just didn't think my style showed off her designs and I no longer was "good enough" to design with her kits. I came to accept it a few days later and see it as her loss, not mine.

I am not one (anymore) that wants to work for just ANY designer just to be able to say I "am" and to get free kits. I have to really like the designers work. I came across a CT call at Polka Dot Plum for Brandy Designs and after looking through her store I could really the versatility in her work and decided to apply. She is taking the rest of December off so I don't know I will be doing much for her until January. That is fine with me because with mom, Christmas and all the other demands that go with this time of year I have my hands full enough. I will leave you with some of Brandy's kits that I am itching to get my hands on and do layouts with. Each preview is linkable to her store at Polka Dot Plum....just click it!






3 comments:

Erin said...

I think that you make amazing layouts! I wouldn't think that's why your previous CT dropped you, though it doesn't make much sense. I'm sorry to hear that. But I am so happy for you to have gotten on this new CT. Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing your new stuff with her designs. Take care.

Helen said...

test

Anonymous said...

test