Life Scraps
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

BOTCT (Battle of the Creative Teams) Week 1


It's Sooooooo on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I signed up to participate in this a few months ago and the time has finally arrived. I am so excited....so nervous.....so pumped! I am on a team with 4 other ladies and the 5 of us represent the store, Pretty Scrappy. We call ourselves the Busy Bees. This is the avatar one our teammates, Emily, created for me....



I so LOVE the camo hard hat.....we are fierce group of bees I tell ya!

I need YOUR help. If you are reading this, I am asking you to support this endeavor I am on. Now, this is a contest so that means there is a prize! At the end of the 4 weeks, whichever team has the highest cumlative points, WINS! Voting is done by the PUBLIC....YOU!!! Our entries must be posted by midnight (eastern) on Sunday and voting begins on Monday and ends Tuesday at midnight (eastern). No exceptions!!! I hope you will head over to the forum where this is taking place and register so you can start voting on 7/20/09. Will you do that for me? Here is the link: http://www.digiscrapaddicts.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125. If you have any questions/problems registering, please leave me a comment or email me. I imagine they will post a thread that will appear after midnight on Sunday where you will get to vote but I am not sure how they will do it for certain. Again, our TEAM NAME IS....BUSY BEES! NOT to be confused with the team The Honey Bees!!!!

We have our assignment for week 1 and our team has decided on the various Pretty Scrappy kits we will be using along with a few special instructions for our layouts. This is working differently than I had thought it would. Each week, each of us on our team must create & upload 1 layout. But, the kicker is....each of our LO's must coordinate with each others in a certain theme/style. Not that they have to look exactly alike in design....not at all. For instance, this week our challenge is to use WHITE SPACE and our layouts have to have a similar color scheme, i.e. monochromatic, red/white/blue, etc. I flipped when I saw our challenge was white space....I love using white space. All this means, if you don't know, is you have a large area of your background without any elements. There are several ways to create white spaced layouts and I am certainly going to stalk the digi-scrap world for some awesome inspiration in design.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks in advance if you choose to help me out by registering to vote!!

0 comments: