Life Scraps
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Friendship Re-visted

There is just something about reconnecting with a friend from your childhood that puts a smile on your face. I met my BFF, Lori Edgar, from back in my growing-up days in the little town of Marine at the St. Louis Galleria for dinner.

We opted to eat at California Pizza Kitchen, which I thought was funny since she now lives in CA, lol. I highly recommend this restaurant and so wish we had one on the IL side :( Everything sounded so good to us both that we chose to each order an appetizer and an entree and then share the eats.

She is a vegetarian...or vegan, I can't remember so no meat like chicken or beef. I was completely okay with that....I don't have to have meat with every meal and so think I could make the switch to a "veggie" if I really put my mind to it. She ordered Tortilla Spring Rolls with portabella mushrooms, carmelized onions, fontain cheese & some other yummy stuff I can't remember and for the entree she chose a Thai Linguine (w/o the chicken). I chose spinach artichoke dip & chips and a Goat Cheese w/red and yellow peppers, carmelized onions, japanese eggplant & CPK's special sauce pizza. OMG I loved everything....so very tasty and satisfying.

So, we shared old memories and slowly munched on dinner for the next 2 1/2 hours. It was such a lovely evening and I am so glad her temporary car problems did not ruin our chance to have that time together. She is such a beautiful & loving person with eyes, hair & a figure I would die for :) I will post photos later since, as usual, I am not prepared to do so.

That was my evening last night and I could not get sleepy until well after midnight so of course today I am tired. But, I have a really yummy lunch of Goat cheese, red & yellow peppers pizza waiting in the fridge for me....is it lunch time yet?????

0 comments: