Life Scraps
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Creativity on the light side....

Not been doing a lot of scrapping lately. Getting ready for my 13 month old nephew, Trevor, to come spend the night with me Saturday. I have to Trevor-proof my home!!! But, here are two layouts I did this past week using a fabulous kit by Tracie Stroud Designs called Spring Cottage.

The layout above was one I used to submit/apply for a position on Tracie's CT over at Scrap Orchard. I won't hear back until August 31st.....what seems like an eternity away! I have never been a big fan of the chunky styled frames but I absolutely LOVE these distressed frames. Maybe because they closely represent what I would use in my own home decor. The photos were from my trip to Marion KY last month with my mom.

Here is another layout using the exact same kit as above. I was browsing through the Scrap Orchard gallery the other day when I came across a layout by another member using these colors. Totally took me back to my Junior year prom in highschool and the dress I wore. It was this gorgeous buttercream, off the shoulder dress with a pink sash & tiny pink rose bud accents. I will have to dig around for some photos from that prom.....I was out of this world skinny, lol! Anyway, the dress also required 5 or 6 hoops under it.......YIKES! I felt like a fairy princess. I decided to do a LO using the same color scheme and this is my end result. This was the old barn I photographed while driving through Amish country in KY. I love the window frame....gives it a neat perspective.

So, that is about all for now. Told ya, not much. Have a great day in the Lord!


0 comments: